Monday, July 14, 2008
Chicken Tandoori (Indian Recipe)
Chicken (medium) 1 whole (pieces okay too)
Prepare three sets of spice mixes as decribed below
Spice Mix no. 1
Ginger/Garlic Paste 2 tsp
Green Papaya Paste 1 tsp
Nutmeg Powder 1 pinch
Cumin Seed Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt To Taste
Spice Mix no. 2
Curd 100 gm (whisked/beaten)
Oil 1 tbsp
Vinegar 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Orange Food Color 3-4 drops
Spice Mix No. 3
Pepper Powder 1 tsp
Green Cardamom Powder 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
Ghee or Oil 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder 1/4 tsp
How to make Chicken Tandoori (Indian Recipe)
1. Clean and wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry with a
kitchen towel (or paper towel).
2. Pierce the chicken all over with a knife or a fork.
3. Marinade in Spice Mix No. 1 for 4-5 hours (overnight is
better if you can).
4. Rub the chicken with Spice Mix No. 2 and leave it alone for
5. Remove chicken from marinade and place on a greased
pan/baking tray. Pour half of the marinade over it and bake in
a pre-heated oven (400F) for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and turn chicken upside down.
Spread remaining marinade over it and bake for another 15
7. Mix all ingredients for Spice Mix no. 3 and baste over
chicken and bake for another 5 minutes (leave in the oven, it
will still be very hot).
8. Remove and serve hot with onion and lemon wedges.
More details and information at http://begumskitchen.com/TandooriChicken.aspx