Tuesday, July 29, 2008
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Baking Soda - a pinch
Salt to taste
For the paste
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Sugar powder/Sugar syrup to finish
1.Sift the flour in a bowl and add sugar, salt and baking soda and knead a soft dough.Seperate into balls as for making chapathi’s.
2. Mix the rice flour and the ghee to make the paste.
2.Roll the balls like chapathi’s and spread the rice paste ( a thin layer all over )
3.Roll it like a stick
4. Cut into pieces( 2 inches) as u wish.
5. Now roll it again as if you would do for bajji. That 2 inches will stretch out to be around 6 inches.
6. Allow it to dry for few minutes and deep fry it in the oil.
7. Now the layered bayniyum is ready.
8. Sprinkle the powdered sugar on both sides when it is hot.
8. Pour the sugar syrup over the beniyum.
That’s it. Very simple. The kids love it so much.(I made some with powdered sugar and few with sugar syrup.)You might alternatively choose the shape to be a circle.