Monday, July 28, 2008
Sweet Corn Meal Pudding
Butter - 1/4 cup
Vegetable shortening - 2 tbsps or olive oil - 2 tbsps
Corn flour (Masa Harina) - 1/2 cup
Water - 4 to 5 tbsps
Corn meal - 3 tbsps (looks like sooji/rava)
Corn Kernels - 3 tbsps canned or frozen
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Whipping Cream - 3 tbsps
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt a pinch
1. Mix butter and shortening together in mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
2. Add corn flour little by little and mix thoroughly. Add water and make like a cookie dough. Add the corn kernels.
3. In another bowl add corn meal, whipping cream, sugar, baking powder, salt and mix well.
4. Combine this two mixtures together and mix until well blended.
5. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Grease the baking pan with butter or oil , pour the mixture cover it with a aluminium foil and bake for about 25 to 30 mins.
7. Remove it from oven and cool it and serve as a dessert, or with breakfast, lunch or dinner. Makes 2 to 3 servings.