Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Deviled Chicken with Roasted Asparagus
4 Chicken legs, bone removed butterflied (ask your butcher)
2 Handfuls Fresh Herbs, Majoram, Oregano and Parsley, chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 small really hot peppers, chopped add seeds if you like it extra fiery
2 cloves Garlic, skinned and chopped
A knob of unsalted butter
a little EVOO
Preheat Oven 180C.
1. Marinate chicken legs with chilies, garlic, lemon zest, juice, pepper and evoo for at least 10 mins. Do not add salt or your chicken will bounce off when you throw it on a wall.
2. Combine butter, herbs, pepper and salt. Set aside.
3. On a really hot grill, cook chicken 5 mins on skin side and 3 on the meaty side.
4. Transfer legs on a baking tray and thinly baste with herbed butter mixture.
5. Roast in the oven for 5 mins. Serve with the amazing pan juices and roasted asparagus or potato mash.