Sunday, July 13, 2008
Mini Cheesecakes with Strawberries
Makes 10 (muffin case size)
6 Digestive Biscuits
Sugar if needed
250g Cream Cheese
110g Caster Sugar
1 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
½ Tbs Vanilla Extract
55g Plain Flour
Fruits for decoration (I used Strawberries)
How to make Mini Cheesecakes with Strawberries
1. Preheat oven to Gas mark 3-4 (180°C?). Line muffin pans with paper cases (I doubled each of them up).
2. Start with the base. Crush biscuits until crumbly (whichever method is good as long as it gets you there!). Melt butter and mix in with the biscuits. Put a tablespoon of biscuits in each of the cupcake cases and press down firmly (to make a tight, secure base). You could pop this in the oven for a few minutes, or you could leave this in your fridge. I left mine in the fridge because I’m lazy. =P
3. On to the filling. Use your mixer (on low speed) and beat the cream cheese until soft, add sugar until combined.
4. Beat eggs in, one at a time until combined.
5. Add Flour, mix until combined.
6. Add vanilla and lemon juice until light and creamy.
7. Take your biscuit bases and top them up with the cream cheese mixture.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly risen, you may notice little cracks on the surface.
9. Leave them in the pan to cool down for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Decorate with strawberries (or topping of your choice) and serve!!