website-hit-counters.com
website hit counters

SEE THE PRICE, HOW MUCH YOU CAN EARN MONEY BY CREATING RECIPES FOR FOOD :

Lazy Shrimp Po' Boy

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lazy Shrimp Po' Boy

Ingredients
No specific measurement for this recipe. I just grabbed everything from our ref. Was about to defrost so need to do some clean up. ^_^ I called it lazy because I didn't went into making a batter for my shrimp. Just a simple coating then fry.


bunch of shrimp cleaned and peeled
a little bit of salt
a little bit of sugar
cornstarch
about 1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
hotdog buns
I made my own coleslaw for this recipe. Real simple. Just mix all of this together. I would leave to you how much mayo you wanna use. I used about half a cup for a medium size head of cabbage.


shredded cabbage
shredded carrots
white onion finely minced
a clove of garlic finely minced
mayo
a tsp of mustard (i used dijon coarse ground)

a tsp of vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
a tsp of sugar

How to make Lazy Shrimp Po' Boy

Season the shrimp with a dash of salt and sugar. Just a tiny sprinkle to enhance the natural sweetness of the shrimp.
Dust with cornstarch. Make sure your shrimp is not too dry when adding the cornstarch so that it would be coated well. You can sprinkle some water if its too dry. You want like a small amount of batter to form.
Heat oil and butter together in a pan.

Add in the shrimp and stir fry until coating gets crispy and shrimp is done.
Take off the oil and let sit in paper towel to drain.
Arrange sandwich. You can add other sorts of ingredients you like. Some sliced tomatoes or pickles maybe. Mine was just a simple coleslaw over a hotdog bun. Then i top it off with my crispy shrimps. Yummy!