Friday, July 11, 2008
1 cup butter or margarine
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 or 2 cans fruit pastry filling (I use Solo)
How to make Kolachkies
1. Cream cheese and butter must be at room temperature. With a mixer, beat them until fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract.
2. Combine flour and salt, adding in fourths to butter mixture, blending well after each addition. Chill dough until easy to handle.
3. Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness on a floured surface, and cut into 2-inch circles or other shapes.
4. Place a spoonful of fruit filling into the center of each circle, fold dough in half and pinch over. Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes, or until delicately browned. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and chill if desired.