Sunday, July 6, 2008
Italian Berry Pie
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup water
1 cup light ricotta cheese
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries, thawed
1 cup raspberries, washed and picked over
How to make Italian Berry Pie
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls.
4. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
5. Roll out dough on a floured counter.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place ricotta cheese in bowl of a food processor; process until smooth and creamy.
3. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla; process again until well combined.
4. Spoon filling into pie crust, and bake about 45 minutes.
5. Cool pie, arrange berries on top.