Sunday, July 13, 2008
Bittersweet Chocolate Cake Brownies
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli brand)
- 3/4 cups cold butter (about 1.5 sticks)
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- pinch salt
How to make Bittersweet Chocolate Cake Brownies
1. In a double-boiler (or using the ghetto pot-within-a-pot method), melt chocolate and butter.
2. When completely melted, remove from heat and pour in the sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Incorporate well.
3. Slowly fold in eggs while whisking chocolate mixture. Do the same with flour.
4. Mixture will be relatively thick. Pour into a greased baking pan and place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean. Let rest for about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
* For some crunch, add about 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts into the mixture before baking.